EC Tutorial: At EC on June 18, 2018,, Haifeng Xu and I will be giving a Tutorial on Information, Persuasion, and Decisionmaking.
Job: I am excited to announce that I will be joining the University of Colorado-Boulder as an Assistant Professor of Computer Science in Fall 2019, following a postdoc at Microsoft Research New York City!
NETS 412: In Spring 2018, I taught NETS 412 "Algorithmic Game Theory" at UPenn.
ITCS 2018 (January): Slides for my talk on An Axiomatic Study of Scoring Rule Markets.
October 2017: I've (finally?) made public my side project bomail, an experimental terminal-based system for organizing and interacting with email. See that page for info, the source code, or how to install with python-pip.
Also, some fun new papers are up! (see Research page)
COLT 2017 (July): Slides for my talk on Multi-Observation Elicitation.
Thanks to all participants and attendees!
January 2017: Young EC Researchers (Tel Aviv) 2017: Slides for my talk on information elicitation and connections to mechanism design.
INFORMS 2016 (November): Slides for my talk on prediction markets and substitutes.FOCS 2016 (October):
- Slides are up for my talk on informational substitutes.
- Relevant blog posts: (1) generalized entropies and value of information, (2) divergences and value of information.
- Update: the full paper is now online here.
EC / GAMES 2016 (July):
- Slides are now up for the tutorial on elicitation and machine learning at EC '16.
- Slides are up for my talk on Informational Substitutes at GAMES '16.
- Slides are up for my talk on Descending Price Optimally Coordinates Search at EC '16.
See also: Running page
Possible misspellings of my name include "Bo Wagner" and "Bo Wagoner" and "Bo Waggener".